Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Farewell to Noel (Wisconsin Style). This Monday!

Discussion in 'Home Game Listings and Leagues' started by Trihonda, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Trihonda

Trihonda Well-Known Member

I know our prolific member Noelsarchs has had an amazing "East coast" farewell event at Trumans house (see the link HERE for that events info, pics, and background on Noel). For those that don't know, Michael Noel is taking a new job and moving to the UK.

I just learned "Noel" is coming home to Wisconsin for a brief visit, and thought I'd host an impromptu cookout and cards for Noel on Monday April 20 at 5:30pm. Monday is a school/work night, so it will not be a long event. Food will be served at 6pm, and we'll play a few hours of cards afterwards. (Noel's choice).

Noel will be there, along with member, Shanghai Sparky (Noel's brother). Monday isn't a typical night for cards, but this was the only night that worked for Noel.

Dinner will include burgers, brats, and beer. No need to bring anything. I know it's a long shot, being this short notice, but if you can make it, it'd be nice to have a few other chippers in attendance.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    TenPercenter likes this.
  2. Trihonda

So far we have 4 chippers coming (one more is tentative).

Noel is suggesting at least a few rounds of SOHE. :). Omg I hurt already! :)

3. ChaosRock

ChaosRock Well-Known Member

A few will become many!! LOL!!

Hope you guys have a blast!

4. Trihonda

We are at 5 chippers and counting! :). It's officially a party

5. lnlver

lnlver Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it (funeral). Give my best wishes to Noel and have a good time tonight.

6. Trihonda

Will do. Sorry to hear of your loss.

We have five coming so far... Brats, burgers, and beer ready for consumption. and thanks to Mrs Trihonda, we have chips and potato salad to eat as well.

Most impressive is the 8 lb chunk of rice krispy treat that is sitting on my kitchen counter. It was a part of the 11,000lb WORLD RECORD "Biggest Rice Krispy Treat" that the UW Madison Students made a week ago. They dropped off an 100 lb block at my work afterwards, and we've been divvying it up since. It's still nice and chewy (and amazingly tasty)! So I'm sure we'll break into that tonight as well. Heck, who all can say they've had a piece of the world record biggest rice krispy treat...? :)

Here's the News Article (with photos)

Noels has indicated the desire for a few rounds of SOHE, and I think it's going to cause insanity, lol... I ran out a five handed table a bunch of times, and tried to make sense of the game... May as well open up my wallet and hand all my money to him, lol.. It'll be fun learning a new game tho.

7. lnlver

lnlver Well-Known Member

He was an acquaintance from my morning coffee drinkers group. Try playing a round or two of Courchevel; I've been playing it a lot on Poker Stars recently and getting to like it.

8. Jeff

Jeff Super Moderator
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Media:
    Courchevel is just another way to screw with an Omaha newby's mind. I love it!

9. Trihonda

The hell you say... I'm already planning to donate plenty in this mini-meetup :wink:

10. Trihonda

Mini-Meetup Report

The crew gathered at my place for some grillage (brats, burgers, beer, etc..). After some grub, we decided to stop talking about poker, and actually play.

BSoder52 (to my left) and Shanghai_Sparky battled mercilessly throughout the night. No, wait... to be honest, everyone was battling BSoder52 throughout the night. Ha! Soder did his best to transfer some of that tilt to me by knocking over my chipstack a few times, and that simply emboldened me to build a more solid wall of chips (from his stack).

[​IMG]

The entire group. Pictured (seated). Noelsarch, BSoder52, Shanghai_Sparky, and Highlander3.

[​IMG]

And one with me trying a sad attempt at a "selfie"

[​IMG]

Awkward moment of the night, when I read a text from Noels that I think reads "Enroute with a 15 y/o single male in the car"... It's apparent that I need reading glasses, as the text actually read "15 y/o single malt"... OK, I was much relieved when he showed up with Scotch and not a boy named Scott. :)

Big winner of the night was the guest of honor, Noels. Who sparked our interest in some insane game SOHE. I promptly donated the big stack I'd built in NLHE to Noels... The game was insane, but admittedly fun.

In one hand vs Highlander, he and I wind up heads-up/all-in. My holdem holdings are strong with trip 5's, He's holding pocket jacks on a J5x5x board. I'm sure I'm ahead, but was crushed when he shows his hand.. Then I remember about those other cards sitting in front of me, and am happy to choppit up when I discover I'm holding a J (for the Omaha win).

Here's Noels:

[​IMG]

Here's proof that Noels will straddle!!!

[​IMG]

Here's his cashout for the night (well done sir).

[​IMG]

Sorry to see Noels leaving the country. He's the kind of person I'd love to play cards with regularly (despite him pwning me at SOHE). Safe travels sir!

noelsarchs likes this.
  11. noelsarchs

noelsarchs CCGTCC Member

Eric has the most awesome man cave.

SOHE is positively terrifying, but after playing it at Bergs a few weeks ago for the first time, I just had to introduce it to the Midwest just in time for the madcity throw down in a few weeks.

I have to now pack the moving van and start the 30 hour drive back to Boston. First, coffee and aspirin as I have a 15 yo single MALT headache.:)

Imagine the horror for a Wisconsin police officer reading a text from a first timer to his house saying he is bringing a 15 yo single mal.......to his house.

12. Jeff

Jeff Super Moderator
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Media:
    Congrats on the cash...it was nice for Erik to spew plenty of gas money at you for your ride back!

13. noelsarchs

noelsarchs CCGTCC Member

SoHe boat over boat helps the win rate, especially when the Holden hand flopped trip aces to go with it. Took my brothers bank roll on another when I flopped two pair, turned the straight, and riveted another boat.

14. Trihonda

I got unstuck once we started playing NLHE...

We had one hand with 3 SOHE boats... I flopped middle boat, Noels turned a bigger boat, and Soder rivered the smaller boat. Ya, gross. :) When do we play next?