Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Dealers Choice!!!

Discussion in 'Dealer's Choice Games' started by Avenged, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Avenged

Avenged Member

Baseball is always a good game!!!

Baseball is 7 card stud with 3's and 9's R Wild!!! Also If u get a 4 face up u get an extra face down card...

Good action... Worst game was in the 4 four cards i was delt 4 k's, i end up all in on 5th street vs, 4 a's, and also 5 8's.... brutal game but needs to have a limit on it...

2. OnTheButton

OnTheButton Well-Known Member

It's funny, when I get together with my old high school friends (when one comes into town to visit) we always play poker, and we've always done dealers choice.

Normally every weekend, the wife and I host a low level NLHE game. So I chased the wife out to her girlfriends house for "the boys night in" and got the table set up for last night, when one of my best friends came down from San Fran.

We briefly discussed what types of games we could actually play with 7 players, and I mentioned NLHE. Everyone agreed to start with "one rotation of the button," since playing just one hand and changing is no fun, and is not fair to the blind posters.

Everyone had a blast, some chips moved around the table, and we NEVER ended up switching the game from NLHE, and played for about 6 hours.

:laugh:

I think I just converted 6 "dealers choice" poker players to "The Cadillac of Poker" and I doubt we will play any of the "pure luck" poker games (like Roll Your Own, Baseball, etc.) ever again when we get together.

3. _GUN_

_GUN_ Well-Known Member

My friends are terrible players and I am constantly trying to get us to have theme nights---like stud or omaha. I only get that if it's 3am and they're fed up with hold'em.

I would love to play Kansas City lowball or pineapple sometime, too.

Then again, I want to play Gin for cash, too---that wish will never be granted either.