Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Custom Poker Chips from abcgiftsandawards.com

Discussion in 'ABCGiftsAndAwards.com Forum' started by abcgiftsandawards, Mar 15, 2006.

1. abcgiftsandawards

abcgiftsandawards Well-Known Member

PLEASE NOTE - The information in this post is quite outdated now and there are no issues with printing the edges of the chips!

Hi Everyone-
    I was going to hold off on showcasing our custom poker chips, but let's go ahead and talk about them! The reason I was going to wait is that we cannot currently print the rolling edge. We have been working on building equipment to do so, but at this point have not been able to do the rolling edge to our satisfaction.
    We've done lots of poker chips, mainly for weddings (wedding favors, groomsmen's gifts, etc), small run commemorative chips, and businesses. Since most of our customers aren't looking to use these during their home games, the rolling edge hasn't been a big deal.
    Our chips are 10g composite chips. Take a look at TenPercenter's "Chip Bake-off" - if one of our chips would have been included he would have found that the image would become blurry, but there would be no change to the structure of the chip. The edges would not melt off.
    One of the advantages of our chips is that we have NO MINIMUM order. That's right, you can order just a single chip if you'd like. We've had customers design chips and sell them on ebay as "limited edition" chips. They can be used as card covers, gifts, etc.!
    You can see more details and pricing for our chips if you CLICK HERE.
    Here's a photo of a few sample chips:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
    3 people like this.
  2. Daniel

Daniel Well-Known Member

I will vouch for gene,

He does a wonderful job, and was just a pleasure when it came to getting me my chips in good time and with precision...

I will post a picture of my chips when i get back from the party....

d.

3. ky70

ky70 Well-Known Member

ditto

4. OnTheButton

OnTheButton Well-Known Member

These look like great "thank you" gifts for our regular players, with their nick-names printed on them given out as card protectors.

I might be interested in about 15 of them, however each chip would be different.

Any discount for us CT'ers? :laugh:

I'll get in touch with you next week when I am at the office.

5. abcgiftsandawards

Hi Daniel and KY70 - Thank you for your support!

OnTheButton - Yes, actually you can get a discount. Click on our banner in the signature and you'll find a post called Discounts and Special coupons (or something like that!). That post will lead you to the discounts! I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
    Gene

6. abcgiftsandawards

In the very near future we will be completely re-creating our custom poker chips webpage to include printed rolling edges! Here's a sneak peek!

[​IMG]
    As in the past, we will have no minimum order for custom chips. We will have several stock rolling edge designs, and custom rolling edges will be available on orders of 100 chips or more! We will also still strive to maintain our lightning fast turnaround, as we don't want you to have to be too anxious waiting for your chips!

More details to come soon!

Thanks,
    Gene​

7. JM

JM Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Any kind of custom dealer buttons available?

8. abcgiftsandawards

At this point we have only used custom poker chips for the dealer buttons. We don't have a larger size button available.

Thanks,
    Gene

9. ahopen78

ahopen78 Banned

So the current chips you offer do not have anythign on the rolling edge?
    is it the white colour if the cermic blanks?

10. abcgiftsandawards

We are currently offering printed rolling edges only in small quantities. We are expecting to be able to offer them in large quantities either late next week or early the week after. Our equipment is just being finished, and we have a large order that we will be producing before offering larger quantities to everyone. We can print designs, wording, even photos on the edges! (see our post in our marketplace for the Dachshund chips for an example of the photos).

We will definitely be posting as soon as we are ready to accept larger orders!

Thanks,
    Gene

11. ahopen78

ahopen78 Banned

So you currently CAN do small orders with designs on the edge?

12. JM

JM Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

Thanks Gene, what about in an acrylic type button?

13. abcgiftsandawards

Hi Ahopen78-

Yes, we can take small orders with the edges done right now - 100 chips or less. I know, that's pretty much backwards from anyone else who has minimum orders!

JM - We've put so much time and effort into getting our equipment correct for printing the edges of the poker chips (not to mention that with the end of lacrosse season and with baseball season coming to a close, trophy orders are taking quite a bit of time) that we haven't been able to look into acrylic buttons, but it is on our list of things to consider. We would most likely be offering laser engraved acrylic dealer buttons if we choose to get into that area.

Thanks,
    Gene

14. GinTonicDemonic

Got a package today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Aint they just the prettiest things you've ever seen? I am extremely happy with the way they came out.
    [FONT=&quot]Kudos to Gene for his superb work on these chips, and the swiftness with which he finished them.
    I was very pleasantly surprised to find Gene easily accessible and communicative.
    The chips are very good quality and remind me of NJs. . . except I couldn’t find any spinners.:happy:
    I will definitely be back for more.
    - Bill
    [/FONT]

1 person likes this.
  15. timmy67

timmy67 Well-Known Member

those are great pictures. It really shows off the quality. Thanks for posting

16. jello-broom

jello-broom Well-Known Member

I've been kicking the idea around of getting a custom ceramic set for a long time now ...
    I already have most of the design done ...
    well, I have the rolling edges done, and need to make decisions on the face ...
    but it looks like ABC Gifts might be a viable option for me ...

You may be hearing from me soon Gene about a custom set.
    :wink:

17. abcgiftsandawards

Hi Jello-

I look forward to getting the chance to work with you on your chips! :happy:

Thanks,
    Gene