Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Custom Cash and Tournament Set Design

Discussion in 'Custom Chip Design - Request For Hire' started by bludevilstud5, Dec 19, 2015.

1. bludevilstud5

bludevilstud5 Well-Known Member

Hello All,

I have been gone for quite some time but looking to get back into poker now that I have the appropriate space to host. About 5 years ago I had began the ground work on a design with Pilsbier aka Robin. It does not look like he is currently active. But I have some of the design work that he started for some direction.

Being gone for this long and remembering the outstanding interaction and knowledge on this board and am going to seek direction on what type of chip I should get. Ceramic, clay, etc. I have always appreciated the natural feel and stacking of clay but really enjoy the full chip design capability of ceramic. Is there anything new to add to options. I have been gone awhile so any new technology that is available please let me know!

I am looking for .25 $1 $5 $25 and $100 chip for the cash game set

for tourney 25-100-500-1k-5k

As inspiration I will post some photos of the early design stages for Devils Inn as well as other things I have liked about other chips to edge design, fonts, chip stripes, colors, inlay, and mold look.

I have developed the name Ice or Iceman so maybe a theme around that? Ice Poker Club or Poker Room? Open to suggestions on that.

I look forward to working with a brilliant designer who I will compensate for their time when project completed. If Robin is out there I would love to get started on the project again with you! Thank you all and its great to be back.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  2. bludevilstud5

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attached Files:

3. bludevilstud5

4. bludevilstud5

Apologize for the pictures being separate. What I like about these chips individually I will list below.

EPT CHIP- I like the overall design and the simplicity. I like the face of the chip just outside the inlay with the tribal like design.

Stack of green chips were ironically from the website made by ABCgiftsandrewards. I believe designed by J5. One of the first real custom design we had on this forum and a classic. I like that the denomination is very clear and the edge stripes.

Devils Inn-Ultimately we decided on the gold inlay for the set and I really like the color combination on the white/maroon/gold chip and the blue white and red. I like the design of the edge stripes and how they look both on the face and side. as well as the amount on the rolling edge.

Dunes Chip-I like the scripted Dunes in what would be the mold area.

PCF Chip- May be one of my favorite overall designs. I love the way it leads back to the middle of the chip'/inlay. Color for this particular chip are outstanding. Wish there was a denomination very clear in the middle.

Luckbox lounge- Love the variation in edge striping however not the single strip. The teal chip may be my favorite chip even posted with in regards to the color combo. Love the mold and even the hotstamp. I believe these are ASMs but I am not 100% sure.

5. SIOUXICIDE

SIOUXICIDE Well-Known Member

Game On Chip Company offers Chipco's for customs, I think it's .85 per chip, order over 2000 chips and there a discount.

Best ceramics IMO! And you can choose a full bleed printed chip or the classic Chipco white ring, Ohhhh the choices!

6. bludevilstud5

Thanks! Is that price with aligned edges? Probably not gonna order that many. Most like will be 1500....although I say that now....

7. ledavatar

ledavatar Well-Known Member

How about this, fits your theme, no? :wink:

[​IMG]

8. bludevilstud5

Omg lol. Might be good for my daughter when she grows up and plays at the kiddie table!

9. CdnBeerLover

CdnBeerLover ChipTalk.net Supporter
    Supporter

Hmmm...I think that's the price for unaligned edges. I don't think I've seen a price quoted for aligned edges from GOCC. Would be worth sending them an email.

The best aligned edges I've seen were produced by ABC Gifts and Awards. Old West Poker Supplies also does good work in that respect. The chips feel significantly different, though, as different manufacturers use different blanks and techniques. If you are looking at ceramics, get samples from a variety of vendors.

10. dimperdoo

dimperdoo Well-Known Member

I'll plug old west poker since I had a small cash set done a couple years back & everything about the interaction was flawless ~& I did need a lot of help

11. bludevilstud5

What was the price? Would you mind posting your set? Thank you!

12. dimperdoo

dimperdoo Well-Known Member

oh man, I don't remember the pricing. The texture is a fine but slightly more coarse than a chipco feel ~nothing like a nevada jack. the edge feels much like either & very much like my chipco edges. chipcos have a sort of "round" feel (almost like they are convex ~they're not) & these feel like any other poker chip (shape wise) you know flat
    OWP_rack.jpg OWP_samp.jpg
    the plaques are the 68s (smallest) & I love 'em. heft, feel, thickness & shuffling them

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015