Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

CT is stone cold dead?

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by unvmyset, Jul 3, 2015.

1. unvmyset

unvmyset Well-Known Member

I used to be an avid member, but rarely check in anymore after losing my interest in all things poker. Every now and then I'll check in though, but it seems as though the forum has died almost completely. It's nostalgia that brings me back but it looks like most of the folks I used to know are gone too.

2. NanaBanana

NanaBanana Good Will Ambassador/Mod
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Maybe because you left, Eugene? You should visit more often, you have been missed. You really don't have to still be interested in all things poker, in order to visit. I don't see it as dead. Still has it's loyal members. I'm not all things poker, but I still enjoy coming here and being good here, because there's more to ChipTalk (at least in my eyes) than just all things poker. It's camaraderie, family and many other things. Anyway, gotta run to my physical therapy. More later.

And, you have been missed.

Jem likes this.
  3. phaze12

phaze12 Well-Known Member

i take umbridge with that statement. you only get out of something what u put into it. lessons 2 live by.

abby99, NanaBanana and SixSpeedFury like this.
  4. SixSpeedFury

SixSpeedFury Well-Known Member

It's been noticeably slow around here, but not dead.

justsomedude, abby99 and NanaBanana like this.
  5. BGinGA

BGinGA Banned

Many of the old folks you remember have moved to a new poker chip forum, which is quite a bit more active than this one.

spikeithard and Toby like this.
  6. NanaBanana

Media:
    Albums:
    Okay, dear members......I'm back from Therapy. And this has been on my mind all during my hour of therapy. I have just a few more things to say, before I go and put ice on my knee, that is now throbbing. It's funny.....I felt like crap when I left, and had considered calling to cancel my appointment today, but then remembered just how much better I always feel AFTER therapy. So, I went anyway......and lo and behold, felt better.

Anyway.....I have pondered the fact that some people/and members may now condider ChipTalk to be dead. I don't see it that way. And it hurts me, to think people actually think that. Yes, it is struggling......but, not dead. But, you know.....life itself is a struggle. It's not easy, but we all struggle thru life, at some point in time. ChipTalk is at that point......struggling, but definitely not to be counted out. And when I say struggling, I mean in many more ways than you can imagine, not just on the surface. But, don't consider it dead, please. I am proud of all the dedicated members here, and many I consider good friends. I am here as much as I possibly can be, but along with everyone else, who have lives to live and things to do, I can't be here around the clock.....no one can. There are many times that I may not be here.....maybe for weeks, possibly months on end. But, it's not because I don't want to be here.....it's because things have occured in my life, that I have no control over, and that keeps me away. Same as with everyone else.

I come back to this forum as often as I can......because of the people here. The members. Who all have always helped each other, and sympathized with each other.....and yes, even grieved together. We can discuss problems, issues, joys, pets, new jobs, retirement.....whatever. And yes, the nostalgia. And yes.....it is first and foremost a Poker Chip Forum and always will be. But, it is so many other things too. At least, it once was. I would love to see it that same way again. And it may or may not be, but I will NOT count this Forum out - until it IS literally shut down, out....and gone.

Sorry everyone, I am just feeling a little sad, weepy and nostalgic today. Don't mean to offend anyone. I will get off my soapbox now.....and go round up that ice.

Peace everyone.

thumbs up.png

P.S. Just an afterthought. I know that I post silly Birthday Threads, Holiday Greetings etc. that may possibly be clearly annoying to some. It's just a day brightener to me, but if not to you.....then I completely understand. I don't mind if someone wants to message me and say "Hey, cut it out, please." "It's just not my thing." "I don't want my birthday acknowledged"......or whatever you would like me to know. Really.....I will understand. I don't want to offend anyone here. :)

NanaBanana

7. pltrgyst

pltrgyst Well-Known Member

Nana, I'm one of those who would prefer to delete his birthday from CT entirely, but we are not allowed to do that. I like that you wish people well on their birthdays, but for myself, that makes me uncomfortable. Maybe because I'm an old fart, and don't want to be reminded of the years passing.
    :cool:

But, sadly, unvmyset is right. CT has become a place populated almost entirely by illiterate newbies with 50 posts who take umbrage, when they can't even spell the word.

I still read CT at least twice a day, but I honestly don't know why -- nostalgia, I suppose, since it's the place that infected me with chip lust.

I wish you the best, but I doubt I'll ever see my 4,000th post on CT.

8. phaze12

whaaaait a min. nana, you have nothing to apoligize for. if people dont like your posts then they dont have to read them. we are all adults here (well most of us anyways) :-o. we all have LIFE to get through. yes we do enjoy reading and conversing with friends on here, but if posting on a forum was the highlight of our day then we are living closed and sad lives. there is so much the "outside world has to offer if we just get off our duffs and explore the world beyond the walls of our homes.

this is why i believe that people enjoy poker. for some its just a way to make money or competition, but for most its a lesurely activity to socialize with others. thats what i enjoy most about poker. (ok the money isnt bad either)

so in closing just do and say what you lik. dont let someone with a different opinion ruin your day. if we all thought alike then the world would be a dull place.

abby99 likes this.
  9. phaze12

nice pl, bust my balls for not knowing how to spell. and name calling is always and answer to a problem. and you wonder why newbies dont want to post and contribute. because of people like you that is why this forum might die.

by the way i was talking about the origianl post. not nana's.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  10. phaze12

im sorry but pltrgysts post really bothers me. i dont want to get into a pissing contest but if every1 in this forum feels the same way as pltrgyst please let me know and i will delete my account and be on my merry way.

11. Meddler

Meddler Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Media:
    It's dead and I struggle with getting used to the new interface.

12. CHP TD

CHP TD Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Its not Not dead

i just sold some thc today - dunno what you're talking about. moreover im posting and keeping things alive.

You make it what u want it. you have to ask yourself What am i doing? making it a better place or not.

Haters are gonna hate... Sad really... I dont get why? Do you want to hate or do you want to feel good. You cant be happy and hate at the same time.

CT is alive and well.

13. Captn_All_In

Captn_All_In Creativity Alliance

I read this and almost passed out.

I know I don't visit like I used to, but I would find it to be a great loss if CT were to disappear.

Now I need to see what's new!!!

BPTDirector, NanaBanana and abby99 like this.
  14. KYBill

KYBill Well-Known Member

What ct needs is another Paulson group buy!

Majination, Jarhead8692 and abby99 like this.
  15. David P

David P Well-Known Member
    Supporter

I'm still here. I just find it harder to navigate and post. Maybe I just haven't given the new format a chance.

Like many this is where my chip addition really took off and I met you crazy people who shared it :)

New collectors are the lifeblood of any hobby and I encourage all the beginners to continue to post and ask any and all questions.

That was a major topic at the convention, how to attract new members.

NanaBanana and abby99 like this.
  16. Moosiedad

Moosiedad Well-Known Member

I'll second that, David. Much of the old guard made it difficult for newbs to integrate into this community. With their departure, I think this place is ripe with possibility!

17. NanaBanana

Media:
    Albums:
    No problem at all......done. Thanks for letting me know. :)

18. NanaBanana

Media:
    Albums:
    David P and MoosieDad:

I too, had a difficult time navigating the new format.....at first. I wanted the old format back. lol! But.....the more I used it, the better it got. I kept at it, and it all came together. Now, I am used to it and more comfortable with the whole feel. Though I still have a lot to learn about it. So, hang in there Guys! It will become more familiar as you go.

abby99 likes this.
  19. CdnBeerLover

CdnBeerLover ChipTalk.net Supporter
    Supporter

^^^This. A forum is as good (or as bad) as the members make it, as they provide the majority of the content.

Majination, NanaBanana and abby99 like this.
  20. Jarhead8692

Jarhead8692 Member

Well, I don't know why people would say CT is dead. I do know that I haven't been here in a long time. I just decided to come back and check it out, since I'm looking for something to keep a chip set in, that I'm putting together.

That and I've lost a slight interest in Poker. But that is because I haven't been playing lately, our monthly game just faded away. But it's time to start playing again.

Semper Fi