Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

CPS 2nd GROUP BUY INTEREST THREAD

Discussion in 'Palm Gaming International Offers' started by palmimports, Mar 19, 2015.

1. atomiktoaster

atomiktoaster Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Which means you need to use the tournament labels or have the background color of the label not match the new chip, correct?

Maybe it would be possible to print a run of cash denominated facotry labels on the silver tournament background? At the very least "1", ".25" and ".05" labels with no currency symbol would cover most people when combined with the existing tournament labels.

2. BGinGA

BGinGA Banned

You are talking new artwork. Somebody has to do it, and get paid for doing it.

3. atomiktoaster

Media:
    Albums:
    New Denoms.png

Concept art done pro bono, with credit given to ttttubby for 99.99% of the effort involved. Let me know if my considerable artistic skills are the key to making this happen and I'll donate them. :razz:

4. BGinGA

BGinGA Banned

That artwork is protected intellectual property, sir. Not yours to modify without permission.

5. justsomedude

justsomedude Well-Known Member

Joe... Do you have a price for this exact scenario (ie, custom label color combos)?

I am considering something similar, which is the $20 label art, but on day green chips (with day green label to match). Is this possible?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  6. atomiktoaster

Media:
    Albums:
    I won't suggest people draw in the decimal points with a sharpie then, especially if they go and win $20 in a game. That'd be hundreds of counts of copyright violation for commercial purposes. We all better hope the rules aren't as strict as you want to apply them, or else ttttuby and Joe have more to worry about with GPI and WSOP than they do with my photoshop shenanigans.

Ttttuby spends 5 minutes moving text for 3 new labels, Joe sells a couple hundred more chips, ttttuby gets extra royalties off the extra sales and we can all be happy, right? If the actual rights holders have any issues with anything I've done here, I'll apologize and take whatever steps to correct things that they would like. Otherwise, I'm done until the chips are ready to be ordered.

justsomedude likes this.
  7. justsomedude

My thoughts exactly. We best be careful who we ride our high horses over... some people (Paulson, Rio, WSOP, et al) just might interpret "tribute" as "copyright violation."

8. BGinGA

BGinGA Banned

No matter how you slice it, the CPS artwork belongs to ttttubby, and nobody has the right to use/modify/distribute it without his permission. No horses here, just facts.

9. justsomedude

So, copying art for a "tribute" is protected, whereas, the original tributed art is not? Furthermore, you're going to go on record stipulating that an added period can't qualify as "parody"? (Which, ironically, is likely the same qualification that keeps the CPS design safe from legal action.)

Furthermore, copyright infringement claims must demonstrate proof of damages. What damage is there in acknowledged "concept" art that credits the original artist? No commercial venture and/or product has even been pursued. Yet it seems like you want to make atomik out to be some kind of jerk, simply for the sake of argument, when there is no legal basis in said argument.

Remind me never to seek legal advice from you.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  10. BGinGA

BGinGA Banned

I never made any comments whatsoever regarding anything other than ttttubby's artwork - which was done completely by ttttubby. However, atomiktoaster's post contained ttttubby artwork which AT had modified - without permission - the ttttubby images were simply altered, by his own admission. I merely pointed out that he had no right to do so without permission. The only person who called him a jerk was you.

11. atomiktoaster

Media:
    Albums:
    Anyone can alter or reproduce a copyrighted work under the fair use provisions of 17 U.S.C.§ 107. My changes were intended in good faith to fall under the purposes "criticism" and "comment" in the act, illustrating a possible change ttttuby could make to his art. Still, as a courtesy to ttttuby, I'm happy to retract and delete anything involving his work that he would like.

Let's just move on and get Joe's thread back on track.

pltrgyst and justsomedude like this.
  12. Raf

Raf Well-Known Member

This is hilarious! An issue brought up due to altering/modding an altering/mod....lmao. Can't make this stuff up! :laugh:

13. nitzilla

nitzilla Well-Known Member

14. Bratwurst

Bratwurst Faux Clay Nation

OK back on topic of amount of interest - looks to this point pledges of 13,500 chips in total.

High side taken if someone said for example "I'm in for 100-200" I'm figuring a 200 buy. Because only 100 chips?

palmimports likes this.
  15. Raf

Raf Well-Known Member

I just need about 350 more chips, a couple hundred factory labels and I'll be happy. Was hoping the 350 would be something that could be fulfilled out of the "limited" left over stock but looks like I'll have to wait until this second GB gets under way. :sad:

16. steverino

steverino Well-Known Member

Hurry up and get this done,Joe before I order some cash chips. I can't resist much longer - lol.

17. sergio

sergio Well-Known Member

All I care about is those factory labels that haven't come in yet

18. Seeking Alpha Social Club

Seeking Alpha Social Club Well-Known Member

I apologize in advance if I misunderstood this, but it looks like you do full customs. I LOVE the chip colors and edgespots, but I am looking for FULL CUSTOMS with my design. I'm in for 1100 full customs (cash and tournament). Please feel free to contact me at 540-623-4457 or email me at kevsil2003@gmail.com if this is doable.

19. Forty4

Forty4 Member

Should be $.53/chip. I think that was what he posted in another thread. If you need artwork that will also be extra. That's why I am ordering blanks, but what I'm not sure on is if all colors have to be ordered in the 25 chip quantity. I hope I can get an extra 5-10 per color.

20. Forty4

Forty4 Member

From the http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/threads/cps-chips-etc-post-apocalypse.90157/