Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Clear labels...

Discussion in 'Poker Chip Labeling' started by SugarV, Jun 5, 2008.

1. SugarV

SugarV Well-Known Member

I ran a search for clear labels, and nothing came up. If this has been discussed before...sorry folks. If so, please attach the link.

Everyone is always trying to match colors of the chips for faux shaped inlays, or they want a different look, matching inlays, etc...

Is there any chance of a company printing on clear labels? It would almost be like printing onto clear contact paper, or something like that.

I'm not sure where this might go, or if it's even possible...

However, if it is...it might totally change the "labeling world" of chips.

Discuss. (Or...link if it's already been discussed. :happy:)

2. miasmata

miasmata Well-Known Member

3. Hog Wild

Hog Wild Well-Known Member

Dont recommend clear labels. I have ample amounts of clear product and ran tests when we first did the idea for custom labels. Heres the issue..
    When you apply a clear vinyl to a colored background, You will get a impression of the adhesive on the back side. If the adhesive is not properly/evenly distirbuted (thickness) when the vinyl is made, You will get a a unproportioned and ugly decal. You will get spots where there is no ink applied to the decal.

Also, your colors are not as vibrant as it would be if applied or printed to white.

Something that just does not look good.

BTW, My surgery came out great. I'll be back to full swing on the 23rd of June... Start hammering out the world of the Poker world Labels.

Jason:cool:

4. links_slayer

links_slayer Master of the 3-Putt Par
    Lifetime Supporter

SOOOO glad to hear this Jason!! :)

5. palmimports

palmimports Well-Known Member

welcome back dude! Glad all went well- my wife had her lumbar surgery 12 days ago and she's still not right- still has alot of swelling in her back at the surgery site- still has numbness and pain- it really sucks- she had a laminectomy done- lots of scar tissue because comp wouldnt pay for the surgery for TWO years until a 2nd opinion finally was definitive enough and they ponied up- Comp sucks.
    Sorry to threadjack here-just venting

Glad everything went well for you.

if ya dont mind- what did ya have done- and how was the few weeks after surgery- immediate relief?

6. Hog Wild

I still have swelling but that is common. I do not have full range yet as I am going through therapy now. This was my condition and Surgery treatment. They did a Spinal Fusion with a piece of bone off my hip.

Spondylolisthesis - Treatment

Hope your wife feels better soon. I can imagine the discomfort she is in now. The first 72 hours after my surgery I was a mess. I prayed for just a moment of relief it hurt so bad. They had me walking the very next day of surgery... I was screaming!:twisted:

7. beekeeper

beekeeper Creativity Alliance

Sorry for threadjack, but Jason, is it too early to place an order (I know you're not back to work till Monday)? Thanks.

8. palmimports

so much of this surgery is hit and miss- thats why they give NO guarantees--

I am familiar with your procedure- seen a few done when I was a nurse- I think you got diagnosed fast and fixed fast- my wifes diagnosis was 2 years ago and comp denied there was anything wrong until 2 years later- resulting in a lot of scar tissue around the nerve--

ANyways- welcome back!!

9. Hog Wild

Exactly..
    Age, Shape and diagnosis time is a big factor.

Thanks!

10. jrolfings1

jrolfings1 Member

Not wanting to totally change the meaning of this thread, but good to see you back Hog! Looking forward to my new labels soon :happy: .

And, I had the same thoughts as OP... I wanted faux-shaped inlay labels and short of actually cutting the shapes out in the way you'd like them to look (which is pretty much impossible) the only real option is to make them look as nice as possible when designing them and color match it as best you can.

That, or save enough $$ and get a custom Paulson set... what's their minimum order, 100,000 chips? Drop in the bucket....

11. palmimports

Jason I have the Cut Files for the shaped inlays- if you need em let me know and I'll send em over

I think I have the paulson shaped inlays which you can use as the cutter cut files