Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Chiptalk Site Tips and Tricks!

Discussion in 'General Articles' started by Josh, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Josh

Josh Second best Josh on CT.
    Lifetime Supporter

I thought I'd document some tips and tricks here. Have some to add? Click EDIT below and add them!

1) Make "Today's Posts" your shortcut to CT! IMHBAO the Today's Posts link is MUCH better than the New Posts link because it shows all recent posts (not just the ones you haven't read) plus we learned in the great chiproom internet shutdown of 2009 that Today's Posts takes up much more system resources than New Posts.

So.... I set this Today's Posts link: Poker Chips and Poker Chip Advice - ChipTalk.net - Search Results as mu shortcut to CT and added it to my shortcuts board. That way I can always click my bookmark/shortcut to come right back to Today's posts... :happy:

2) My lord, please switch to 50 posts/page! Click here for your "Edit Options" page: http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down to Thread Display Options and look for Number of Posts to Show Per Page. Select 50 from the dropdown box, scroll to the bottom, and click save changes! Waa laa, no more clicking next page every 10 posts!

3) Want more reading area? You can minimize the Nav menu and Lates Auction window by clicking the little << above that area. You can go to the other side of the page and click the >> to minimize the Search box as well. BOOM full page width viewing!

4) Try searching for answers to your questions before starting a new thread. Chances are good that you're not the first person to have the same question. Take 5-10 minutes and search around. It's not that we're not friendly and willing to help, it's just that answering the same questions over and over gets a tad....old?
    <!--INFOLINKS_OFF--><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011
  2. links_slayer

links_slayer Master of the 3-Putt Par
    Lifetime Supporter

Try searching for answers to your questions before starting a new thread. Chances are good that you're not the first person to have the same question. Take 5-10 minutes and search around. It's not that we're not friendly and willing to help, it's just that answering the same questions over and over gets a tad....old?

3. dew4au

dew4au Well-Known Member
    Supporter

To add what links said...

If you find the forum search inadequate, head on over to google and use the site search function. If you're looking for widgets, the search syntax would be:

site:chiptalk.net widgets

It does two things:
    1: Moe Betta searching
    2: Reduces the CPU load on the servers that host CT.

4. Josh

Josh Second best Josh on CT.
    Lifetime Supporter

Guys. Its a wiki.

#Urdoinitwrong

5. BGinGA

BGinGA Banned

What is this 'shortcut to CT' you speak of? I never close the @#$% window.... :wink:

6. JM

JM Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Supporter

I'm pretty sure #3 only works for certain levels of supporters, I know lifetime can minimize those side windows but I think some lower tiers can't.