Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

ChipTalk.net $100,000 Freeroll at Bodog! Get registered now!

Discussion in 'Poker Freeroll Listings' started by TenPercenter, Oct 25, 2008.

1. TenPercenter

TenPercenter Administrator
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

ChipTalk.net is teaming with Bodog to offer a freeroll holdem tournament. The winner gets a free ticket into the following Sunday's $100,000 Guaranteed Tournament. Details are in the next post.

If you decide to play, please support ChipTalk by installing the software via links around this site.

[​IMG]

Bodog's blurb:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  2. TenPercenter

Welcome to the $100K Guaranteed Qualifier from CHIPTALK.NET. Bodog is adding T$109 to the winner in order to buy-into the $100K guaranteed occurring the following Sunday at 4:05pm ET!!!
    <hr> <table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 428pt;" width="571" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><col style="width: 186pt;" width="248"> <col style="width: 242pt;" width="323"> <tbody><tr style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19"> <td class="xl64" style="height: 14.25pt; width: 186pt;" width="248" height="19">Poker Site</td> <td class="xl68" style="width: 242pt;" width="323">Bodog</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19"> <td class="xl64" style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19">Tournament Name</td> <td class="xl66">"ChipTalk $100K Qualifier #1"</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19"> <td class="xl64" style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19">Tournament Password</td> <td class="xl66">CTRules</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19"> <td class="xl64" style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19">Start Date</td> <td class="xl66">Wednesday, November 5, 2008</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19"> <td class="xl64" style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19">Start Time</td> <td class="xl66">9:30PM Eastern</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19"> <td class="xl64" style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19">Buy In</td> <td class="xl67">$0 (Freeroll)</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19"> <td class="xl64" style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19">Fee</td> <td class="xl67">$0 (Freeroll)</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19"> <td class="xl64" style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19">Payout</td> <td class="xl66">T$109 entry to Sunday's $100k Guranteed to 1st</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19"> <td class="xl64" style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19">Minimum Players</td> <td class="xl66">10</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19"> <td class="xl64" style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19">Maximum Players</td> <td class="xl66">3000</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19"> <td class="xl64" style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19">Starting Stack</td> <td class="xl67">T$3000</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19"> <td class="xl64" style="height: 14.25pt;" height="19">Blind Levels</td> <td class="xl66">20 minutes</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    <hr>

3. TenPercenter

I am already assuming that you guys would like this to a be a Deep Stack game.

How about blinds? How often do you want them to change?

4. imthatguy

imthatguy Lifetimer/Former Mod
    Lifetime Supporter

IF ever there was a time to hate being Canadian, it's now. That could be a lot of fun. :cry:

5. Captn_All_In

Captn_All_In Creativity Alliance

I tried to set up an account. After I jumped through the hoops and I tried to log in it said my information wasn't valid. Does it take longer than an hour or so to get validated??

6. FSU88

FSU88 Nothing gold can stay
    Lifetime Supporter

Here is what I got picture

I E-mailed them, they replied and said I had to call. I may, but any site that can't let me know what the issue is over an E-mail raises an eyebrow. Maybe they want to verify my identity.

7. TenPercenter

I had that issue too, but it was because I had CAPS lock on during registration, so I was trying the wrong password. I figured that out, got in, and changed the password to what I meant to choose.

8. NanaBanana

NanaBanana Good Will Ambassador/Mod

I got the same thing.....though registration was lightning fast.

9. babujit1

babujit1 Well-Known Member

10. TenPercenter

Same for you? Hopefully it's a today thing, not a normal thing.

11. FSU88

Lifetime Supporter

I thought about that, so I typed in a wrong password on purpose, and a different error screen came up saying the password was bad. The error I have says it's a connection problem. I will call and see what they say. Maybe it's a cookie setting or something silly like that.

jeff

12. NanaBanana

I went back a few minutes later and got to the "Select Your Screen Name" and after selecting screen name, got this message "Players Services is Unavailable at the Moment. Please Try Again". So I tried again a couple of hours later, and still get the same message. Maybe because it's a Saturday. :stunned:

13. FSU88

Lifetime Supporter

I got the same message. Since it did not say - screename already taken, I assumed there was an issue. Of course, I tried FSU88. Being the impatient sort that I am, I tried FSUEightyEight, and that went right through. Stuck with that now. So I don't really know if my first pick was taken or what.

Anyway, I did call them and they had to reset my password.

Now I need to acclimate myself with this software. The players in the play money tables are idiots. I try to play like I really would, these dorks are all in every hand for 400 to 3000 play chips.

I will look for the tourney, even though at first glance I only saw games up to Nov 1st.

14. vrecksler

vrecksler Well-Known Member

Hey Ten,

Is the tournament listed right now? I just signed up an account but could not see the CT tournament in the Freeroll tab...the earliest starting game I could see was November 1. Just wondering if I am looking in the right place, or if the tournament is not up yet.

Either way, to all the other CDN's out there I was able to create an account (from home) with a US address -- you can find one on the internet -- and it all worked out fine....I agree with FSU, the play money tables are even more donkalicious than the PS play tables.

15. Scoutens

Scoutens Well-Known Member

I was able to register without any problems.

16. TenPercenter

I dont think so. my request may not be fulfilled over the weekend, I sent it late Friday night.

17. NanaBanana

Well, after trying again six hours later and still getting the same message - I did what you did, Jeff - and tried reversing my chosen screen name. Went right thru, so I too am stuck with it. I am now SpaceAce23! Can't imagine anyone else having my other screen name, but guess anything is possible!

Couldn't find the play money tables though - does that require a separate download? And did you win any at those - with all the wild & loose players? :wink:

18. Captn_All_In

Captn_All_In Creativity Alliance

I got frustrated and just called them...the guy took care of it over the phone in like 20 seconds!

I am still getting used to the software though....

Really cool thing that happened tonight other than quintupling my buy in at a play chip table was that I played against a guy that lives like 20miles from me!!

Very small world!

19. FSU88

Lifetime Supporter

They don't have a separate tab for play money, they are just listed at the bottom of the real money tables, just scroll down.

My impression, 80% or more of the play money players don't give a flip about playing any form of real poker. Get 400 chips, go Al in, repeat. I finally went to a play money tourney, and only 50% of those players were idiots with a capital IDIOT! Let the donks weed themselves out, then a real game starts at the 4th blind. I went from 400 play chips to 3500 today, without having to add. The hand I loved was when everyone limped to my button. I had crap 24os, but I raised to pot in position to see what would happen. Half the table calls. Flop is A35. The pot is 700 or so and it's opened for 30, there is bet sizing. One player mini-raises to 60, call around to me and I push AI. I figured I'd get one call. No, everyone calls. Maybe one player had a playable hand, most didn't even have a decent draw. I quintuple up or so. So at best, it's just a way to pass time.

I'm looking for a last hand feature, they may have one for real cash players, but I did not see it when I was on the play money games.

20. NanaBanana

I hear ya.......and it's hilarious how everyone called your AI! :laugh: It's like they don't know what the "Fold" button is for. And a Flop of A35 to your 24os.......riggggggged! :wink: