Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

china clays chip tray- solution

Discussion in 'Palm Gaming International Offers' started by palmimports, Apr 25, 2013.

1. jacko

jacko Well-Known Member

Fair enough, that does seem excessive though. Eight racks would be $18 and postage would be $180? That's nuts. Soon it will be cheaper to fly over to pick stuff up.

Just checked the USPS website for the first time ever and it seems small boxes are $24.75, medium $61.75 and large $80.50. Not exactly sure of the sizes... would 10 racks have to go in a large box? Effectively paying $11 per rack if that's the case. Sigh. I often have to pay more for postage than the item itself but quadruple would probably be a dealbreaker. I may have to resort to plan A; buy cheap nasty racks and risk carbon monoxide poisoning playing melt-and-stretch. Or deal with it. One of the two.

2. texasrambler

texasrambler ChipTalk.net Supporter
    Supporter

I bought Chipco racks from Palm in this Group Buy:
    http://www.chiptalk.net/forum/palm-...-buy-chipco-66-7-mm-chip-trays-brand-new.html
    seems between 20-25 fits large USPS.

Yes the postage was high, around 70 $, but divided in 20 it was still OK for these Chipco racks that I can't get anywhere in Europe AFAIK.

3. razuya

razuya Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Are these still available?
    Can anyone confirm cost to ship a dozen inside the US?

Thanks in advance.

4. Raf

Raf Well-Known Member

Inside U.S. shipping, for me personally, is pretty expensive. Well...much more expensive than I had hoped/imagined it would be. For $27 worth of chip trays, shipping was $18.95. I doubt it gets any higher with more that you buy. Say you buy $50 worth of trays (22 trays)...I think the shipping would stay at $18.95. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the more you order, the better value you're getting at that shipping price and it's thus cheaper and cheaper the more you buy. If your order is small, the shipping price is expensive when looking at it from a product/shipping cost ratio.

I will say though that the chip trays were sold to me cheaper than was initially told. I was charged $2.25/tray versus the original $2.75. They are hard to come by, as it seems no one else carries these. The way I look at it is, I ultimately got what I need, thanks to PGI...and that's what matters.

5. BGinGA

BGinGA Banned

If memory holds, I think US shipping for 20 trays was about $20, maybe a little less (too lazy to hunt it down). I don't think you can get more than 20 racks in the box, either -- at one time, Joe was only offering them as 20-rack shipments.

6. razuya

razuya Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Thanks guys

7. justsomedude

justsomedude Well-Known Member

Are the Palm Gaming china clay chip racks still available? If so, how can they be ordered?

Thanks!

8. atomiktoaster

atomiktoaster Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    The best idea is to check with Joe via email. sales@palmimports.com

9. Sean Gecko

Sean Gecko Member

Anyone willing to sell a rack or ten? I could really use them for my game. I recently ordered 1400 of the PGI V8.

10. ovo

ovo World Series Chump
    Lifetime Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Check with ABC Gifts and Awards, he bought out Palm Imports

CdnBeerLover likes this.