Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

China Clay Makers - Who are they?

Discussion in 'Custom Chips General' started by justsomedude, Jan 9, 2015.

1. justsomedude

justsomedude Well-Known Member

I noticed the CPS chips have pretty noticeable edge beveling. I wonder if that was a design decision, made specifically to minimize the flea bites (which seems to be more prevalent on the "squared" chips)?

:huh:

2. Jeff

Jeff Super Moderator
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

Media:
    This^^^^. Sometimes I thing BGinGA is the Chip NinGA

3. palmimports

palmimports Well-Known Member

good information and fairly accurate. there are FEW chip makers left in China PERIOD- this includes abs chip makers. when the craze subsided so did the chip makers- my partner was in china overseeing a large project we did for a usa video game manufacturer and stopped by one chip maker we knew and had used- and they were making mops- not one injection molding machine for chips remained. MANY chinese advertised chip manufacturers are NOT manufacturers- the chip manufacturers dont advertise because they dont speak english and prefer to deal with chinese marketing/trade companies as the go- between. we use three manufacturers for chips- and we know all three personally- to the point where they have been to our homes- and we have been to their homes overseas. this bond is what gets things done correctly MOST times- things do happen but for the most part- its worked out for many years.

The Meal and Raf like this.
  4. DPStack

DPStack Member

So does anyone know of a source of purple blank chips from this set with inventory left? I'm having custom stickers made to add some denominations to my Pyramids set and would love 100 -200 more purples.