Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Cash/Tournament Set

Discussion in 'Chip Breakdowns' started by Shawn15p, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Shawn15p

Shawn15p Member

Hey guys

I bought a set of Pharaohs for my cash game and really really like them for the money. Now I am catching the bug much to my wife's displeasure and want to pick up a tournament set. I have been looking and can't find anything I like as much as the pharaohs. I have considered the Milanos and Championship Poker Series chips. And while i like the look of the CPS, the cross hatching has me concerned with the feel of them and being hard to shuffle. That brings me to my question. Do you think I can get the higher denom Pharaohs for my tournament set starting with the $100, not using $ 25s so there is no chance of anyone mixing chips into the cash game.

So cash set 0.25/1/5/25 (We play 0.25/0.50 or .50/1 blinds )

Tournament set 100/500/1000/5000

I don't think the 100 will every come into play with the cash game even if it got bumped up to 1/2, i would just get some more 25's if needed.

Thoughts ????

2. atomiktoaster

atomiktoaster Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Probably doable, but there's two more options to consider: Majestic China Clays for the tournament set, and $20 plaques for the cash set. If you don't like either of those, I can work up a T40k breakdown. Rebuys are going to be problematic with no chip above 5k though.

3. Shawn15p

Shawn15p Member

Not a huge fan of the Majestics, and I believe those don't ship for some time now. I would like to get something sooner rather than later.

4. atomiktoaster

atomiktoaster Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    10/4/7/6 is a viable starting stack for T40k, I think. Start the blinds at 100/200 and go from there. You'll need a lot of 5k chips to go deeper or have a lot of rebuys.

5. detroitdad

detroitdad Well-Known Member

The CPS chips shuffle great after being used two to three times btw.

Shawn15p likes this.
  6. Shawn15p

Shawn15p Member

Thanks ! thats good to know. Are you happy with them ??? How do they compare to the Pharaohs or Milanos ?

7. detroitdad

detroitdad Well-Known Member

I was happy with them. I sold them to a friend due to placing an order for a custom cpc set.

The CPS chips are great for their price. The colors really pop on a few of the denominations. The shuffling works itself out after a few games.

However, their still "china clay". They might be high end china clay. But their still china clay chips. If you get them and expect ASM (errrr, cpc) chips then you will be disappointed.

The friend I sold them to hosts a few times a year. I will still get to play with them (in a few weeks). He is very happy with them.