Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Bill seeks to legalize poker in Texas

Discussion in 'Poker News' started by Vince, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Vince

Vince Faux Clay Nation

Texas state legislator Jose Menendez has reintroduced a bill to legalize live poker in his state. But, as the saying goes, the devil is in the details, and the 40-page bill has a number of specific limitations and exceptions that keep it from being a broad legalization of poker in the state of Texas.

read more

2. Big Mike

Big Mike Faux Clay Nation

I read a bit of that article. What's up with calling poker "Texas Hold'em and variants" So stud won't be legal? And I love how internet poker is specifically excluded. Probably to protect "the children". Otherwise known as "the state won't be able to take it's cut".

Making it clear that poker is a game of skill and not of chance is a step in the right direction though.

Political aside: Maybe people should ask themselves why a law like this is even needed in the 'Land of the Free'.:razz:

3. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

I don't know who this "Bill" guy is, but I wish he would come down here to Georgia...:wink:

4. dad604

dad604 Well-Known Member

I wish he would legalize poker for all the US including all online sites.