Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Best POker Chip Labels

Discussion in 'Poker Chip Labeling' started by beekeeper, Jun 2, 2008.

1. beekeeper

beekeeper Creativity Alliance

2. palmimports

palmimports Well-Known Member

weve done a few orders who originally had this company do their labels-
    their printing is very good- they use a wide format printer but... if they do NOT use a lamination on their images which I do not believe they do- then your images will not last. Even though ecosol inks are purported to be scratch/smudge proof- the inks will wear off the vinyl very quickly and they can EASILY be gouged with a fingernaail.

If they offer lamination- even the thinner gloss lamination go for that option.
    Otherwise- its just a notch above a paper label.

3. Garyon

Garyon Faux Clay Nation

I have committed to getting a set of labels from BPCL for about 500 Faux Clays that I have dyed.

The samples I got, I liked because the printing was very clean and they had a flat/satin finish rather than gloss, which is what I was looking for. But I agree with Joe that they seem very "papery". I have seen some threads that suggest coating in Krylon before adhering them to chips. I have not spoken to them about lamination (I will now) but will l post back whatever I find out.

They sent me some sample print of my design today so I should be receiving them later this week.

- Gary

4. gapper2000

gapper2000 Faux Clay Nation

Just saw on their website today that they are now out of business because of the flooding in Iowa where they were based. Looks like all their equipment have been destroyed.

5. Garyon

Garyon Faux Clay Nation

OMG ... I just got my samples Friday!! That sux for them.

6. beekeeper

beekeeper Creativity Alliance

How awful. But for the grace of God that could be me. I live less than a mile from the Fox River dam that nearly gave way. We've had a lot of new lakes in my area and have all been holding our breath that we wouldn't get flooded. Meanwhile, I've been watching on the news what happened in Iowa. I can only imagine.

7. links_slayer

links_slayer Master of the 3-Putt Par
    Lifetime Supporter

Yikes....how terrible. Hopefully everyone's safe. I know it's easy to say since our basement is only a bit damp from all the blasted rain, but things can be replaced. Hopefully these guys are safe.

8. sharkyspoker

sharkyspoker Well-Known Member

Wow, thats horrible for BPCL....I've used them twice...once just recently and was completely satisfied with their service and product. Very fast turn around for artwork changes and when the final was approved I had the labels in just a few days.

I would say the only thing their service lacked was coming to my house and putting all those labels on for me....:wink: .

If they do recover I would recomend them in a heartbeat.

Sharky

9. Garyon

Garyon Faux Clay Nation

AGREED!