Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Sweat Me! bank roll is growing

Discussion in 'Online Poker' started by jerkwagon, Mar 6, 2011.

1. jerkwagon

jerkwagon Well-Known Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I got a free $25 bankroll start up from a site. Started playing 3$ SNG's and didnt realise it was a $2.40 witha $0.60 fee. thats 25% !! so i switched over to 10c/25c NL, been playing very well, no real bad beats, its been playbook the whole way. Tonight i got up to $110 in my bankroll, so i stepped up to .25/.50c NL, took one pricey beat but recooped my loss. heres a small graph .. any input? its also my 1st time using this software.

j[​IMG]

ps why the sweat me?

2. cgraham86

cgraham86 Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Be careful stepping up to .25/.50 that early. One buy-in is 16% of your overall bankroll, and the variance is bigger at those stakes. I'd stick to .10/.25 until you have a few hundred dollars behind and the .25/.50 buy-in is a much smaller percentage of your stack. I made leaps similar to this when I first started and rocketed my way to .50/1 only to get some serious beats and go bust after a few weeks. I didn't have enough bankroll to deal with the swing at those stakes.

3. Starem Down

Starem Down Well-Known Member

Good showing! 741 hands in 5 days, variance is around the corner, my friend. Get to lower limits asap before a hand or two wipe you clean...

Rock the 3.30's - 6.60 SnG's awhile. Get up to the 10 bone SnG's... then start working the multi table tourneys. Good luck