Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

Announcement: Labeling your chipsets with laser technology is COMING SOON!

Discussion in 'LazerChips Offers' started by H4tfan, Jun 1, 2007.

1. BPTDirector

BPTDirector Creativity Alliance
    Supporter

I once toyed with the idea of ordering no molds and having an oversized hotstamp made to put a house mold on the outer perimeter. Just didn't pull the trigger but I know it would have worked.

2. H4tfan

H4tfan Silver Sponsor

I painted 'some quantity' for special purpose chips. Very time consuming, and a great deal of risk in having a bleed or run.

Here's a prep sample with silver enamel;
    [​IMG]

3. BGinGA

BGinGA Banned

Alternatively, one could air-brush paint the entire chip surface, followed by removing a very thin layer (with design) via lazer -- exposing the original chip surface with the painted design areas untouched.

Of course, that would result in a chip that had contact paint-to-paint, which might not be optimum for chips in contact during play (but might be cool for other purposes, such as dealer buttons, specialty chips, etc.).

Maybe a three-step process would be best:
    1. lazer the design
    2. paint the lazered chip
    3. lazer the painted chip to remove the paint not in the design recesses

4. H4tfan

H4tfan Silver Sponsor

I produced samples of a paint-then-laser and paint-laser-paint process. Some time has passed since I've seen them. I recall the look somewhat comical or cheap and required the right color. I think White or Florescent faces were best then Black in the engraving.

5. QuiQuog

QuiQuog Well-Known Member

Would lasering through a sheet of some sort of colored material or dye create a tattoo effect on the chip as it burns?