Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

A birthday gift

Discussion in 'Poker Chip General' started by fk1, Jan 28, 2018.

1. fk1

fk1 Member

Hey guys,

Its been a long time. Hope you chiplovers are doing well.
    I have a good friend. He helped me when I had some tough times in life. When things were much better, we once travelled tovegas in 2014,played some WSOP events and had the time of our life.
    Nowadays there is almost no home games anymore. But sometimes we play some OFC Pineapple in my kitchen sipping some whisky.
    We just did that yesterday but in his place and I realised he has some garbage poker chips and cards so I found the perfect gift idea.
    So I am looking for:

- High quality/luxury wood case
    - high quality cards, I guess copaq still top notch?!
    - the chips:

I thought the best idea is to get some WSOP 2014 replicas so they remind him to our trip. Not sure where I can get some and if those I find are hig quality so I thought I just ask here.
    Also I am not sure about quantity/breakdown/denomination for a pineapple set. I guess for max 3way a set of 300 chips is good?
    This set should be also an eye catcher for his showcase where he stores his whisky so the case/set shouldnt be too large

Thanks for your help!

2. fk1

fk1 Member

I searched for the right cards and I think I will go with these

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/BICYCLE-PR...S-DECK-JUMBO-INDEX-BLUE-RED-NEW-/181590654620

AFAIK in 2014 wsop cards used were some bicycle with jumbo index. The back looks like red/blue cover but not sure thats the right design. 100% plastic is a must. Maybe anyone can tell wether this is the right design (cant tell by watching Some. Videos so far)

Edit: i saw in another video the back design is from the BEEs

https://www.bicyclecards.com/product/bee-jumbo-index-playing-cards/

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  3. krickets

krickets Member

Championship poker series may work for you. Apache has some, so you might look at his offerings.

Edit: Apache seems to be out of most everything. PGI may still have some stock, or a wtb in the classifieds may work as well

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018