Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

eBay (mine): 490 Original Pharaohs on eBay

Discussion in 'Auction Links' started by TrivialPiper, Apr 3, 2010.

1. TrivialPiper

TrivialPiper Well-Known Member

2. TrivialPiper

bump...they're back up. Thanks to everyone who asked about breaking up the set. Original buyer was nathanhong from Canada. My auction clearly states shipping price was to US only. He asked for the sale to be cancelled when I told him it would be $26.95 to Canada. Just to maintain my good feedback rating I agreed. Not sure if anyone else has dealt with him. Looking at his feedback history he appeared to be a good buyer and had purchased chips in the past. Anyway, they're back starting at a lower price.

:sorry:

3. compost kid

compost kid Well-Known Member

You were more that fair to him as $26.95 shipping to Canada is quite reasonable, damn close to your true cost I'm sure. I have had a fair bit of stuff sent here and some of the shipping quotes are not as good as that, especially for that weight and volume.

4. Sparky823

Sparky823 Well-Known Member

Good luck with the sale, those are great chips...especially at that price.

5. Gear-X

Gear-X Well-Known Member
    Supporter

Hear hear. Anyone balking at $26.95 to ship almost 500 chips from US to Canada is, at best, woefully ignorant of shipping prices. That's the exact cost of a medium flat-rate USPS box from US to Canada/Mexico (although you can save a bit by paying online.)

By contrast shipping the same box from Canada to US (11x8.5x5.5, say 12 pounds) costs $40.98 with XpressPost, delivery in 3-4 business days, or $25.72 for regular parcel, delivery in 12 (!) business days.

Sorry to rant but extortionate shipping costs are my pet peeve, and this isn't one of them. Not sure what the dude expected.

6. TrivialPiper

Thanks for all the support guys! Hopefully I'll get a serious buyer this time...it was hard enough for me to list them once, it's really breaking my heart to have to do it twice!!!!

7. TrivialPiper

Second time was the charm. They are off to Colorado! I'm guessing it wasn't a CT'er who bought them. Last name Schmitt?