Welcome to the ChipTalk Community

Want to join the rest of the ChipTalk members? It is free to sign up today and unlock new features, discussions, and reduce the advertising.

16th Annual Convention of the CC&GTCC - LET'S RESERVE A FULL BANQUET TABLE!!

Discussion in 'Chipper Events' started by TenPercenter, Mar 16, 2008.

?

Will you attend the 2008 CC&GTCC Banquet on Wed June 18th-sit at the CT table?

1. Yes, count me in and I'd like to sit at the reserved ChipTalk.net table

66.7%
  2. No, can't make it.

33.3%
  3. I'm not sure yet (better not to answer until you're sure!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TenPercenter

TenPercenter Administrator
    Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

I was about to pay for my banquet table for Wednesday night. I decided to ask who's going, and if we can get 10 we can reserve a table.

FYI: The Wed Night banquet is where Jim Follis (gamingore) and Casey Follis present the OTY (Of the Year) awards. I wouldn't miss it!

Who's going? If we can get 10 confirmations, let's get a table. I'll pay for it and get reimbursed by you.

2008 Convention dates
    June 18-21, Riviera, LV
    Pre-Registration
    Convention Schedule

2. TenPercenter

TenPercenter Administrator

Oh! It looks like "Recruiter of the Year" is also presented at the banquet! If you didn't know, ChipTalk.net (represented by me) won the award last year. I think we're in the running again, so I'd love to see as many of you there as possible because the last award is for YOU the members... and if we win again I'll accept it on your behalf.

3. Gaming Ore

Gaming Ore Super Moderator

Ten,

Seeing how we talked on the phone today, I don't need to ask how you are doing. I have passed along the info we discussed and will await your schedule firming up and a date/time on the other matter. But rather than be cryptic to the readers here, what I really wanted to convey is that while I'll be attending what is called the Early-Bird Banquet on Wednesday, 18 June (5:30 pm) my seating arrangements are already made.

So, while I'd like to be able to join the ChipTalk table, I am already committed, as is my son Casey and my wife. In the meantime, I think it is a great idea and many of the other non-affiliated Clubs also set-up their own tables for this function. Those un-affiliated Clubs are, The Silver Strikers (as many as 3 tables in the past) the slot card/room key collectors and some of the local chip collecting Clubs like the New York Metro Club, the Atlantic City Club, the Florida Club and the newly formed Caribbean Club.

When I say "non-affiliated" this simply means that those Clubs are not officially linked to the CC&GTCC, however, the Banquet is a CC&GTCC Members-only event, so everyone attending must also be a CC&GTCC member.

It is also very important that I point out that attending the Banquet is a pre-Registration only event. If you wish to attend the Banquet, you MUST pre-Register. There will be no ticket sales at the door.

As in past years, the event is dress-code optional. Our Key-Note Speaker and related guests usually dress a bit more formal, I always wear a Tux (in keeping with handing out the OTY Awards) but many dress casually, as it Vegas, Baby!!!

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask. I hope to see lots of ChipTalkers there, especially you Ten and Nana!!!!!!! :)

Jim (Gaming Ore) Follis

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  4. Gaming Ore

Gaming Ore Super Moderator

I should also mention that immediately following the Banquet (or at 8:00 pm) there will be a Trade Session through 11:00 pm. But again, attendance at the trade session (one of several) requires pre-registration and badge pick-up between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm on that day (Wednesday).

While the Banquet will take place at the "Top of the Riv" banquet facility, with a spectacular, all-glass view of the Strip, the trade session will be back down the tower and towards the East Convention Rooms. If you attend, be sure to bring plenty of traders (sorry, mostly individual chips, not large sets, unless you meet up with a fellow CT'er) and keep in mind that sales are strictly forbidden as a function of the CC&GTCC maintaining it's 501 3c tax-exempt status.

Trade sessions are noted for the expanse of three-ring binders, filled with 12 and 25 pocket pages, all stuffed with chips!

J(GO)F

5. NanaBanana

NanaBanana Good Will Ambassador/Mod

Media:
    Albums:
    Two confirmations down.......eight more to go for a Chiptalk table. :)