My DPCM tourney set arrived today - no pictures yet, but here are my initial impressions:
- The chips are just what I expected and what others have reported. They look good, feel great, and stack amazingly high. I can easily stack 100 on my desk, 40 on my table (too much padding under the felt, no fault of the chips). I think once the players in my home game see these, I'll be hosting a LOT more often.
- Everything was packed securely and shipped lightning-fast. I ordered on Thursday, Jim shipped on Friday, and they arrived today.
- I also ordered racks. They were inexpensive, look good, and fit the chips perfectly.
- A single bundle of 25 chips (denom $25) is significantly thicker than the rest, and I cannot fit 20 of them in a rack. I believe this is an isolated problem, as the other 820 chips (5 denoms) are identical in thickness and rack just fine.
- I ordered two 500-count DP logo cases to hold my set. In both of my cases, the outer rows are too narrow. With significant pressure, I can probably get about 30 chips in each, but I won't do this because I'm concerned about damaging my chips. This problem effectively makes these 400-count cases, so I'm going to have to return them. I don't know if this is a design flaw or if I just got unlucky twice.
I'm sending Jim an email tonight about the two minor issues above. That said, these chips rock
, and I cannot wait to get them in the game.