Well, this is a work in progress, but I've been in contact with a local builder and thought I'd open a thread here for some feedback. Here are some stats of my intentions:
- oval table for eight players built out of birch
- raised, black leather rail with cup holders (most likely chromed or steel)
- custom printed microfiber cloth with a 8mm thick felt underneath
- custom built legs/pedestal and a two-part rectangular table top (birch, designs pending)
- for the raised rail, between the leather and the microfiber cloth..? what goes well there?
All the wooden parts are to be finished (wiped) with a black wood wax to look something like this:
For the felt I want a simple, not too busy look with a betting line. I'm partial to colder colors with this table and the room it's going to be in. Decided to add a koi carp in the middle for some flavor.
Japanese legend has it that every year thousands of Koi, a courageous, strong, and dedicated fish, make a perilous and difficult journey up the Rainbow (or Dragon) river. Out of perhaps a million Koi, only once in many years, one Koi is dedicated and strong enough to swim all the way to the head of the river, known as "The Dragon Gate" (or "The Rainbow Gate") and leap from the water. He is transformed into a dragon.
All feedback regarding any aspect of the table is appreciated. Cheers!