Tournament to be held at PokerStars.com!
Click the link to set up an account if you don't have one!
The ChipTalk 2011 WSOP League
Beginning May 18th, 2010 we will be starting a League series that will last until April 12, 2011. The league will cost $200 to join. The league will consist of a weekly tourney each Tuesday on PokerStars at 10:00pm est. At the end of the League the player(s) with the highest points will win a $1500 prize package for a 2011 WSOP $1000 NLHE Event of their choice. Points will be awarded similar to the current ChipTalk Weekly tournaments. Even if you don't win a prize package you still have equity in the player(s) that do win a package. If the person who wins the prize package cashes in the WSOP Event then he/she wins 50% after taxes. The other 50% after taxes is split between the other league players. FSU88 has agreed to keep track of the league points. imthatguy has agreed to be the weekly tourney director.
**NOTE** - There is a chance we will change the prize to $2000 which would mean $1500 for a NLHE event and $500 travel money. This will only happen if there are not any $1000 NLHE events scheduled for the 2011 WSOP. We will not know this until the 2011 WSOP schedule is released.
By playing in the league you agree to the following rules, and agree to the rulings of the Tourney Advisory Board. The Tourney Advisory Board (FSU88, Jamby, jojobinks, Seitz333, TenPercenter, Nanabanana, JM, Scottwire, imthatguy, abby99) reserves the right to change the rules for the good of the league.
1. Tourneys will be hosted at PokerStars and will be a $5.50 buyin. Start time will be 10:00pm est on every Tuesday. The $5.50 buyin does not count towards the league prize pool. The payouts for the $5.50 buyin will be as per normal PokerStars tourney payouts.
2. Points will be awarded based on players place of finish.
3. Players will use their best 20 scores.
4. Once players have transferred the league buyin they will be sent a PM with the password.
5. At the end of the league we will send one player per $1500 in the league prize pool.
6. The winning player must decide by May 1, 2011 which WSOP $1000 NLHE event he/she will play.
7. If a player winning the prize package cannot go to the WSOP then the player with the next highest in point that did not win a package will be awarded the prize package.
8. At the end of the league Seitz333 will send each of the package winners a cashiers check for $1500.
9. $1000 of the prize package is for the buyin of the event, and $500 is for travel and expenses. If $500 does not cover travel and expenses then that would come out of pocket from the player and he/she will NOT be reimbursed.
10. Player(s) winning a prize package are responsible for making their own travel/hotel accomidations.
11. If a player that wins a package and does cash in the WSOP event he/she is required to pay the other league players in full and in a TIMELY manner (60 days max).
12. If there is money left over in the prize pool then the 4 players immediatly following the one(s) who won a seat will be paid
40% - 30% - 20% - 10% of the remaining prize pool money.
13. All payouts to the players are based on after taxes figures.
14. Any sponsorship money offered to a player who cashes is NOT considered part of the prize money and will not be shared with the other league players, but it is considered a bonus for that player.
15. A player who cashes in the WSOP event will win 50% of his prize after taxes. The player does NOT receive additional money based on his % of equity in the league prize pool.
1. How players will transfers funds.
Currently the best way is to allow the players to send Seitz333 the league entry fee of $200 via PokerStars transfer or Full Tilt transfer. This way we avoid fees.
If you have any questions or concerns please post your questions here.
2011 WSOP Dates for $1000 NLHE Tourneys:
Saturday June 4, 2011 - 2 starting days saturday is day 1a, sunday is day 1b
Sunday June 12, 2011
Sunday June 19, 2011
Sunday June 26, 2011
Saturday July 2, 2011 - 2 starting days saturday is day 1a, sunday is day 1b
Registered Players (CT Name / PS Name if Different): 21
bichettereds / El Me'Nu
BigKyle / downfelt
DoLittle / CTDoLittle
glee_hokie / HokieCrazy
imthatguy / mattythatguy
Physch / Caphysch
swayzack / swayzack1
Thor / Super Jav
Timmay69 / brokefrt
War-Lord / War-Lord_CA