APRIL, 2012 KEY WEST GROUP BUY
Key West Casino chips by ASM -- the original nine denominations, the three add-ons, and. at the bottom, the new design by DemonJester for the $20 chip.
Limited stockpile of NCV, $5, $25, $100 and $500 chips for $0.86;
Other denominations $1.25
STATUS: GROUP BUY CLOSED AS OF MAY 1. ORDER IN AT ASM
As promised, it's time for the April group buy of Key West Chips. You can build a set of Key West Casino chips from a large lot of chips purchased from Apache in September, 2011, for $0.86 per chip and others for $1.25. Key West Casino chips were designed by J5 and Tenpercenter to look like an old Vegas chip from the 1950s or 60s. They're 9-gram, real clay chips with a true inlay and feature amazing, subdued colors -- a beautiful inlay on a classic chip.
In September, 2011, I bought 2,500 original Key West chips from Apache for just over $0.86 each and put them in storage for this group buy. (The "September Lot" chips.) They're unused, mint, in ASM boxes, with factory dust still on them, and will be sold in this group buy for $0.86 each. They are:
500 chips each of:
You can get in on any number of the above denominations. There's no minimum, They're 86 cents each for one chip, or any other number up to 500, until that denomination is gone. After that, they'll be $1.25 per chip.
Other denominations: $1.25
Why two prices?
Remaining denominations -- nickels, quarters, $1, the new $20 chip, $1,000, $5,000 and $25,000, will need to be made at ASM and will cost $1.25. (That's their regular 2012 price of $1.45 minus CT and quantity discounts, assuming we'll need 1,000 chips. If the mold is in when we order, they'll be $1.20. (We should know soon.) If we get to 5,000 new chips made by ASM, they'll go down to $1.08 each, if I'm reading ASM's discounts right. (I know, that quantity is a longshot.)
In the past couple of Key West group buys, some CT members posted incorrect information about price and availablity of Apache's original Key West denominations, which were running low. This confused people and steered them away from the group buy.
To avoid this and get us the best price for this group buy, I bought as many of Apache's originals as I could at the end of the September group buy, and got the special price of $0.86 from Josh for 2,500 chips. I'm selling those chips for that price -- $0.86 per chip. (Apache has their remaining Key Wests at $1.10 per chip.) Chips we need to order directly from ASM will cost $1.25. (I considered a plan to "average" the cost of all the chips, but we wouldn't know what the per-chip cost would be until the very end of the group buy.)
The new $20 chip is charcoal with red edgespots, and was designed by DemonJester last year as a cash game chip. It will be made for the first time by ASM for this group buy. ($1.25 per chip.) Since I gave my word we'd make this chip this time around, there will be no minimum for us to create this chip.
Rules for ordering:
1. Standard chiptalk group buy rules apply. Organizer dennis63 will collect payment, order and receive chips from ASM, and pay shipping from ASM to him. You pay shipping from him to you in USPS flat rate boxes, and updates will be provided here.
2. Order during the month of April -- (12:01 a.m. EDT on April 1 to 11:59:59 on April 30).
3. To order, you must post in this thread, "My order is..." This will avoid any confusion about who has committed to buy some of the chips from the September Lot for $0.86 each and how many of each denomination remain for everyone else at any given time.
4. Changes / cancellations -- Please order carefully and try avoid changes / cancellations. Minor changes are OK, and you can always add to your order without a problem. But if you order a bunch of 86-cent chips, then cancel, it will appear that you just tied up the chips so others could not get some. This will ruin the group buy for everyone.
5. The price for chips made at ASM -- nickles, quarters, $1, $20, $1,000, $5,000 and $25,00, will be $1.25 per chip, and assumes we will need to order 1,000 chips from ASM. Any ASM discounts will be passed on to the group buyers. If the H-mold is in production when we order our chips and we need 1,000 or more, the price will drop to $1.20 for newly minted chips.
5. If anyone orders September Lot chips for $0.86 and cancels by the end of the group buy, their chips will be sold for $0.86 to the member who next ordered that denomination of chip. (Failing to pay for your chips by the due date is a cancellation.)
5. If a denomination of September Lot chips has run out and more of those chips are ordered, we'll need to get them from ASM for $1.25 each. I'll post a running tally of how many chips are left of each denomination at $0.86.
6. Payment will be by Paypal or Amazon Payments. (Amazon doesn't charge fees.) The payment due date will be May 3.
7. All the chips you order will be shipped in one package. (This saves us both money and time.)
Dealer buttons are also available for $5. Specify black or white: