My 2000th post, yay!
To celebrate, I will do some small giveaways in the form of a haiku contest! The contest is a free form version of this short poetry, but please try to follow the instructions below:
- haiku should consist of three lines: short, long, short
- two of the lines should present one idea (either the first two, or the last two), while the remaining line switches to something else
- haikus are to create uplifting images in the mind's eye, not depressing ones
- try to use some seasonal reference (nature or emotion) in the first or third part
- do not follow punctuation rules, punctuation is up to the writer
- sentence fragments are perfectly alright
- use fontsize 5 for your haiku so they stand out more
- you may write in a language other than English, but if you do then please add a translation too
Haiku has been called an "unfinished" poem because each one requires the reader to finish it in his or her heart. Below is my poor attempt at it.
Cooling rain hisses
Quickly monkey hides below
Sleep 'till noon
This is harder than I thought, but pretty cool! That was my first haiku ever lol
Rules for the giveaways are as follows. I will post a picture in this thread of what is up for grabs. If you wish to try to win the prize, write and post a haiku. The contest for said item is on until I declare the winner (after a couple of days). After that I may post a picture of another prize, and same rules apply. You may write as many haikus as you like, and there are no limitations to how many prizes a person can win. The winning haikus will be picked by me, so make them good.
If I am unable to decide which haiku I like the most, I will draw the winner at random from my favorite ones.
Good luck and most importantly, have fun! First item to be posted tomorrow...
***** First prize revealed in post #33! *****
Winner is pug_in_chip!
***** Second prize revealed in post #54! *****